2012年9月18日 星期二

How a Romanian song was made Famous

We lived in Austria for couple of years, then we established in the States in 1992. Years later, after we visited about 45 States, we were I was traveling to Europe, It was in 2004. Our flight went smooth and we were trying alternatives for passing the time, when I put the headphones to listen to some music - provided by the crew, and I hear this song in Romanian - my mother language, I was , wowed...not many songs make it to America or...to become so popular to be commercially played in public places,...

The name of the song was "dragostea din tei", it was written and composed by Dan B?lan , and the original version was sung by B?lan, Arsenie Todira? , and Radu Srbu . The single was first released in 2003 in Moldova , where the group lived and produced at that time, and in the spring of 2004 in most other European countries.

The song was not popular in America by any means, before they made it here , they had an English version ready for us.

The translation is quiet difficult, because the Moldavian language was a mixture of Russian influence and the Latin Romanian based language.

"Dragostea din tei" is written in Romanian . There are several proposed translations of the title, such as Love from the linden trees (also called "linden trees") and Love out of the linden trees . And it's very well possible that the intended meaning was also NOT the love from the linden tree but, the FIRST LOVE,

/watch?v=60og9gwKh1o New Jersey - Gary Brolsma introduces song to America's culture

The 19 year old New Jersey your tube performance is a hit.

He become famous instantly!

If you follow the guys story, he made it big!

The Miya Hee Song! The Numa Numa Song!

/watch?v=f36wolLtkbE

ABC news crew introduces the group finally to the United States in June of 2006.Listen carefully what the news crew says before introducing them. It's made it to number ONE in 27 COUNTRIES!

The famous song know as The Miya Hee Song! The Numa Numa Song!

more of the song's versions

/watch?v=qYXI2-5qzI8 - English version /watch?v=MtE8O2jvyA0 - spanish version

/watch?v=tnETNpOhrYg - backstreet boys

/watch?v=cF68iLhzMpQ - Bin-laden style

/watch?v=MZ3lXZT7PFY opera style

/watch?v=ZSRF5oERKzU - Bloodhound Gang - Dragostea din Tei

This is the Romanian and the English lirycs. Ma-ia-hii Ma-ia-huu Ma-ia-hooMa-ia-haha Miya-hee Miya-hoo Miya-ho Miya-haha [These are just sounds.] -

Verse 2 - Alo, Salut, sunt eu, un haiduc, Si te rog, iubirea mea, primeste fericirea. Alo, alo, sunt eu Picasso, Ti-am dat beep, si sunt voinic, Dar sa stii nu-ti cer nimic.

Hello [on a cellphone], greetings, it's me, an outlaw, I ask you, my love, to accept happiness. Hello, hello, it's me, Picasso, I sent you a beep [cellphone signal], and I'm brave [or strong], But you should know that I'm not asking for anything from you.

Chorus 3 (2 times) - Vrei sa pleci dar nu ma, nu ma iei, Nu ma, nu ma iei, nu ma, nu ma, nu ma iei. Chipul tau si dragostea din tei, Mi-amintesc de ochii tai.

You want to leave but you don't want don't want to take me,

don't want don't want to take me, don't want don't want don't want to take me. Your face and the love from the linden trees, And I remember your eyes.

Verse 4 - Te sun, sa-ti spun, ce simt acum, Alo, iubirea mea, sunt eu, fericirea. Alo, alo, sunt iarasi eu, Picasso, Ti-am dat beep, si sunt voinic, Dar sa stii nu-ti cer nimic.

I call you [over the phone], to tell you what I feel right now, Hello, my love, it's me, your happiness. Hello, hello, it's me again, Picasso, I sent you a beep [cellphone signal] and I'm brave [or strong], But you should know that I'm not asking for anything from you.

Repeat chorus again:

Miya-hee Miya-hoo Miya-ho Miya-haha [These are just sounds.]

Visit their web page: /dragosteadintei.htm





iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software

沒有留言:

張貼留言