2012年11月26日 星期一

Best Ways to Get Headlines for News Writers

There are many ways to find news headlines to write an article about. You have instant access to headlines using front pages to sites like Yahoo or Google News. But if you want to be a regional news writer or just want to

Find interesting headlines for a particular region you might need to do a little digging. You might also find that by the time you have taken the time to find the headlines on some of the bigger sites other people here or elsewhere on the web have already written an article and beat yours. I am going to give you a few tips that will hopefully help you in your news writing endeavors and which may help you to beat out other people who normally get the story before you do.

Subscribe to News Paper Headlines via E-mail -

Currently I subscribe to several different newspaper's daily headlines emails. This gives me a chance to sort through the news stories from the serious and breaking news to the funny and off beat news stories. Currently I have been using The Boston Globe, The Union Leader out of New Hampshire, The Eagle Tribune out of Massachusetts, The Orlando Sentinel and The Miami Herald.

If you want to use the one's I am using, go ahead! What I may not find a story worth writing about you may. Big cities offer more headlines compared to smaller newspapers. I also have headlines e-mailed to me from another newspaper from North Conway, New Hampshire, but I don't really get much out of that one except what's going on in North Conway.

If you are into writing sensational news articles, you might want to choose something like The New York Post. If you want to write business news or news about stocks you might want to choose The Wall Street Journal. Either way the headlines come out pretty early, usually before 6AM, and that gives you a chance to get the top headlines really early.

Watch the news -

This has to be one of the simplest tips I could give you. I have been a news junkie all my life, and it comes from the fact that every night my parents would sit us in front of the tv at around 5PM to watch the local news stations. My parents wanted us to be exposed

To the world around us and what was going on in it. So now I watch the news on WOFL Fox 35 here in Florida. This proved very beneficial for me when I noticed a small 15 second piece about a little girl in Illinois finding marijuana in her Happy Meal box. I wrote my article Child Finds Marijuana in Her McDonald's Happy Meal because I like to watch the weird headlines at the end of the news hour to see if there is anything worth writing about. It has turned out to be my best article to date as far as page views go and after it went live helped me to get the most page views I have had per page view update.

Whether it is watching the big stations like CNN and MSNBC or just catching your local early news or late news you will get an idea of the days headlines or the headlines that will be big in the morning.

Listen to the Radio -

This is pretty easy. AM radio usually has a good amount of talk news shows and you can listen to those for headlines. In Orlando, Florida I listen to REAL RADIO 104.1 for the talk hosts to talk about headlines of the day. Even though the station is famous for it's raunchy talk they also talk about headlines and I have received good ideas from it.

If you have Sirius or XM Satellite Radio subscriptions you can listen to the various news talk stations on there and even National news stations like FOX News and CNN. I have XM and listen to the Emergency Alert 24/7 channel on channel 247. This station doesn't just provide Amber Alerts and information about local emergency situations, they provide information on product recalls and major breaking news across the country and around the world sometimes. They also provide breaking weather news and traffic news if a serious situation arises in the US and parts of Canada, usually around the US border.





iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software

沒有留言:

張貼留言